Macaroni & Cheese
Updated: Sep 24
This homemade macaroni and cheese recipe is so easy and delicious! The made-from-scratch cheese sauce has only 5 ingredients and comes together in 10 minutes. This recipe is sure to be your new family favorite!
This recipe is well-suited for camping adventures as it is easy to prep ahead of time. Mix up the cheese sauce and freeze it in a jar for future use!
When you are ready to serve, reheat the sauce in a saucepan and pour over cooked noodles. Stir to combine and serve hot. Feel free to add mix-ins like hot dogs or chili too!
Mac & Cheese
Serving size: 1 cup
Servings per recipe: 8
· 1 ¾ cups milk (divided)
· 2 Tbsp flour
· 2-3 cups cheese (shredded or cubed)
· 1 tsp salt
· ¼ tsp mustard
· 16 oz macaroni noodles
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 ½ cups milk to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour with remaining ¼ cup milk and stir vigorously. Add to saucepan and return to a boil until thickened.
3. Reduce heat to medium low and add cheese, salt, and mustard. Stir until the cheese has melted and sauce is creamy and well combined.
4. Prepare noodles according to package directions. When ready to serve, combine cheese sauce and noodles in a large bowl. Serve hot.
Printer Friendly Version:
Nutrition Facts Label: